(ARA) While the beauty routine of some women consists of little more than a hairbrush and moisturizer, others spend hours in front of the mirror mastering the latest beauty trends. But no matter how high- or low-maintenance you may be, the right beauty tricks will have you looking your best in no time.
Celebrity makeup artist BJ Gillian and hairstylist to the stars Brett Freedman share some of their beauty tips for everyone from women with little time for beauty, to those prepping for a night out on the town.
Low -- In a time crunch:
* Tinted moisturizers with SPF and gradual self-tanners not only protect you from the sun, but also add color to the skin. “I like the new Olay Definity Color Recapture, which also has anti-aging properties,” says Gillian.
* For wash-and-wear hairstyles, get a good haircut with layers to keep hair from being weighed down, says Freedman. “Try Pantene Pro-V Volume Root Lifter Spray to wake up your roots and Pantene Pro-V Volume Mousse all over to give hair a gorgeous amp up,” he says. “My tip: Less is more. Don’t bog hair down with product.”
Medium-- Easy beauty tricks with maximum impact:
* Use your eye color to determine what shades of shadow to use. Blue eyes work best with brown and sea green colors, while green eyes pop with plum and violet shadow colors. Brown-eyed gals can wear any color.
* To easily fake a chic look, try combining sleek, pulled back hair or a tousled bun with a vivid or smoky eye.
High -- Heading out for a night on the town:
* Women who prefer liquid or powder foundations should avoid moisturizer and find the right kind of makeup suitable for their skin, says Gillian. For example, oily skin needs an oil-free foundation and dry skin will benefit from a moisturizing foundation or tinted moisturizer.
* Big-night-out hair requires an intense-hold hairspray. “I recommend Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Hairspray with Maximum Hold, not only after styling, but before using any hot tools like curling irons or hot rollers,” says Freedman. “Spray a small amount on each section before curling. It makes a huge difference.”
No matter how complicated you make your beauty routine, keep these tips in mind to help keep your skin and hair looking their best.
For more great tips and suggestions, sign up for our free ezine, BeautyRemarks at QueenOfTheSpa.com